Sunday, March 6, 2011

I Am The Carpenter

I am the carpenter of self righteous deeds
For it was I who took the tree
And cut it down and shaved some off
To form two beams then form a cross
And it was I who came to Him
And kissed his cheek and called him friend
Then tied him up and led him down
To prosecute where lies abound
And it was I who spit in his face
And beat him in his submissive state
I ripped the beard from off his face
With whip his back did lacerate
Then made him wear a cloak of wool
To show the depths my soul so cruel
Then crowned him with a crown of thorns
That I did weave with all my scorn
I beat him more, did laugh and mock
Cloak graphed to flesh, I ripped it off
Then on his back I placed the tree
And marched him up to Calvary
My hand held the hammer proud
That drove the nails with the sweat of my brow
I lifted him up, again mocked and laughed
And it was I who placed the plaque
Reading ‘King of the Jews’ for all to see
So they could be amused like me
And Satan and I did bear our teeth
Joining our hostility
As the pitiful man drew his last breath
This self proclaimed god was finally dead
But in three days this man was raised
He conquered death, he conquered grave
He came and opened my eyes to see
That I’d been called from eternity
In my sin I was so blind
But now my Savior opened my mind
And by Sovereign Grace he bore that cross
As the only was to reclaim his lost
So I am the carpenter, yes in deed
For those were MY sins that made that tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment