Monday, March 7, 2011

The Awakening

To go through life in misery
A hazy state of captivity
Was all but certain death to me
A self proclaimed death penalty
To find my pleasure in the world
Of eyes and flesh let lust endure
As my pride ruled with its tenure
To follow a phantom inveigled allure
Yet boast and brag was all for not
As in my soul was all but rot
In sleep in death in all distraught
My mind was veiled to all forethought
Yet fall and crash as like a plate
To pieces in my broken state
I found my web of my mistakes
And of my plight felt its full weight
Was then the Spirit stirred in me
My eyes unveiled, I now could see
My Father dropped me to my knees
My Savior was my awakening
Though sins I still must mortify
I know now its Gods Grace not I
That I’ve been called to give my life
And for this love I’d gladly die

No comments:

Post a Comment